Traditionally timber flooring was popular because the resources were in abundance. It was fairly common to find houses with solid wooden floors. However, now, the resources are scarce and precious. Therefore, it is quite expensive compared to other general flooring options. Nowadays, timber for flooring can come in various budgets. Make sure it serves the purpose you are looking for.
You can now find many flooring companies providing professional services that not only includes installation, but also before and after-installation services like repair and maintenance. You might still be confused with what option to choose for your flooring with so many choices available in the market.
Let’s look at the different timber flooring options that is available –
- Solid (Hardwood) Timber Flooring – It is done by solid pieces of timber which is cut, sanded and given a smooth finish before flooring. These lengths of timber are placed on the joists and timber bearers. They are again sanded and polished after the installation.
- Engineered Timber Flooring – These are also called floating floorboards. These do not use solid timber floorboards; rather it attaches a thin layer of solid timber on layers of plywood. It is more cost effective than hardwood timber flooring.
- Laminate Flooring – It is not timber, but looks like one. It is made up of synthetic material, sometimes combining wood. Then it is laminated with a timber print. This type of flooring is very durable and comparatively water-resistant from top to bottom, and requires nominal maintenance.
- Bamboo Flooring – This is another affordable alternative for solid timber flooring. Bamboos have a fast growth and is strong and dense than most of the hardwoods.
- Parquetry Flooring – This type of flooring is made from timber pieces which are preassembled in geometric patterns. These are then pasted on the timber subgrade or concrete slab.
Benefits of Timber Flooring in Your House
- Natural ingredients are always welcomed. It has a natural warmth and charm.
- They are very durable and can even last as long as the building lasts.
- It has natural insulation, so it comfortable even during the winter. Good quality wooden floors when installed properly do not produce any hollow sounds or vibration.
- Timber is easy to clean and maintain. It does not trap dirt or germs and thus, it naturally does not lead to allergic reactions and bacterial infections.
- It can increase your property’s re-sale value. When you are investing for a wooden floor, it might be expensive than many other flooring options. However, due to its durability, it is cost-effective on the long run.
To find the best flooring companies and installation contractors go to the online platform of Flooring Domain where you can find the list of best contractors and companies in Australia who can make the flooring of your home easy and convenient. You can compare their services and quotes and also read the customer reviews in a single site. After the acceptance of the job the whole communication would be directly done by the individual company.